D-tails, a new venture dedicated to fully exploit the results of the JointLab between CrestOptics SpA and CLN2S (Center for Life Nano & Neuro Scienze) – IIT (Italian Institute of Technology) is an R&D project aiming to design and develop new advanced diagnostic and imaging tools.
This project will represent a unique opportunity for graduated (PhD or postdoc) in Physics, Biotechnology or Bioengineering to work in a fast-growing company operating in an international environment.
We need to fill a position for a project coordinator to deal with the development of both advanced optical instrumentations, and new biomarkers for the diagnosis of neurodegenerative disorders . The Project coordinator will cooperate with several teams, referring directly to the CEO and will be fully involved in the implementation of the business plan. We are looking for someone with a solid scientific background, willing to deal with organization and management problems and seriously committed to achieve the assigned goals.
Project topics and Job profile
The project is focused on the realization of a novel platform for the early detection of Alzheimer’s Disease through a retinal scan in living patients. Alzheimer’s Disease (AD) is a devastating neurodegenerative disorder of the brain, lacking, at present, for any disease-modifying treatments due to the late diagnosis. Recent evidence has identified potentially measurable functional, structural, metabolic and vascular changes in the retina during early stages of AD (Grimaldi et al., 2019; Gupta et al., 2021). The project aims at developing ophthalmic technologies to detect and characterize subtle, disease-related changes in the patients’ eyes, and includes the definition of biomarkers (line 1 – PI: Prof. Silvia Di Angelantonio), the design and characterization of sensors (line 2 – PI: Prof. Alberto Boffi) and the development of optical devices (line 3 – PI: Dr. Marco Leonetti).
Main Tasks and Key Responsibilities
- Ability to plan and schedule job activities, focusing on timeframes, costs and quality;
- Risk assessment, recovery plans, claims management;
- Coordinating with the various teams and subsidiaries involved in job progress (Engineering, Purchasing, Manufacturing, Assembly);
- Kick Off the Cross Functional Project Team and prepare detailed planning, project budget and risk register;
- Lead the Project Team in the Execution, Monitor and Control of the Project, coordinating and tracking tasks;
- Report progresses;
- Support and coordinate the team to resolve project issues;
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the team work and project management processes;
- Promote inclusive approach for cross-functional global activities;
- Looking at new ways to fundraise via Eu, national, local and charity project calls.
Experience and Qualifications
- Multidisciplinary background in hard sciences (Degree or PhD in Physics and/or Engineering) and/or biomedical sciences (Degree or PhD in Biology, Biophysics or Biotechnology);
- Previous experience with biophysical approaches to biological problems;
- Previous experience in a research environment;
- The candidate will preferably have knowledge of claims management processes.
Skills and Attitudes
- Confident with basic processes of direction, start up and commissioning activities;
- Organization and coordination skills;
- Proficiency in spoken and written English;
- Available to travel world-wide on business trips;
- Results orientation;
- Stress and conflict management;
- Experience in communicating with scientists and society actors.
Workplace: CL2NS-IIT@Sapienza, Viale Regina Elena 291, 00161, Rome.
If you are interested, please send your application, including a full CV, to email@example.com